- What do you do if you purchase a new or second hand vehicle and it turns out to be a lemon?
- The Consumer Protection Act: No 68 of 2008: (CPA): Section 56 (4): Consumers additional remedies for a breach of the implied warranty of quality: How does this apply to Motor Vehicles?
- The Consumer Protection Act: No 68 of 2008: (CPA): Section 56 (3): Consumers remedy for a breach of the implied warranty of quality after a repair: How does this apply to Motor Vehicles?
- The Consumer Protection Act: No 68 of 2008: (CPA): Section 56 (2): Consumers remedy for a breach of the Implied warranty of quality: How does this apply to Motor Vehicles?
- The Consumer Protection Act: No 68 of 2008: (CPA): Section 56 (1): Implied warranty of quality: How does this apply to Motor Vehicles?
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
Monthly Archives: February 2017
The Consumer Protection Act: (CPA): No 68 of 2008: Section 55: Consumer’s rights to safe, good quality goods:
We feel we need to reiterate the protection given consumers by the implied warranty as stated in section 55 of the CPA. The Consumer Protection Act, No 68 of 2008; (CPA); which came into effect at midnight on the … Continue reading
We had a query this week which went as follows: “I have noticed that the Consumer Protection Act is Act number 68 of 2008. Why then did it only come into effect at midnight on the 31st March 2011; 3 … Continue reading
At The Legal Advice Office we often get queries from clients about unauthorised debit orders on their bank accounts. Let us look at this aspect of the law.
We get many queries from time to time at The Legal Advice office, about blacklisting and the rescission of judgments, To clear credit records we offer two main services to our clients.
In this blog; we thought we would answer a question which often arises; as the man in the street gets confused between the terminology “lawyers”, “attorneys”, “advocates” and several other generic names for those who practice law as legal practitioners. … Continue reading
Following on from our last blog; we will today continue our discussion on prescription as a defence to a claim instituted by a creditor against a debtor. We learnt last time that a debt normally prescribes 3 years after it … Continue reading
The Prescription Act; No 68 of 1969; provides in Chapter III for the extinction of debt by prescription. What does this mean? A debt is extinguished by prescription after the lapse of the period which applies in respect of that … Continue reading
As the weekend approaches we thought we could give you a little insight into general daily legal principles that should guide you on legal problems and general legal advice. Golden Rule Number 1: Get proper, professional legal advice on ALL … Continue reading
We all know that you should not drink and Drive. Drunk driving plays a very important role in the high death rate that we have on our National Roads.
In Chapter 2, Part A; the CPA deals with the right of equality in the consumer market, Sections 8 to 10; of the Consumer Protection Act No 68 of 2008 (CPA); deal with the consumers protection against discriminatory marketing, … Continue reading